Coimbatore International Airport (CJB)
Coimbatore International Airport (IATA: CJB, ICAO: VOCB) is located at 13 km from Coimbatore city, at Peelamedu. It serves as a hub for international and domestic flights.
Coimbatore, also known as Kovai, is the capital city of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, having a total population of 1,601,438 inhabitants. The city is commonly compared to the city of Manchester in the UK due to its industrial activity due to the cotton production and textile industry. Also is an important supplier of motors and pumps as it provides nearly half of India’s requirements.
As a South Indian city, hosts many temples such as Dhyanalinga Temple, Marudamalai Temple, Perur Pateeswarar Temple, Eachanari Vinayagar Temple and Vellingri Hill Temple. Other touristic attractions can be Kovai Kuttralam waterfall.
- Flight Status
- Check the status of your flight. Check Arrivals Flight Status or Departures Flight Status
- See the available options to get to Coimbatore city: See transprotation tips
- There is a single terminal which hosts either domestic and international flights. See more terminal info.
- Car Hire / Car Rental
- If you want to rent a car, use the search engine on our car rental page and compare all operating companies
- Present and Future
- There is future proposal to expand airport facilities, including an extension of the runway to host larger aircraft, an additional taxiway to the runway, a couple of parking bays and two new aerobridges.
Contact InformationFor further information about the airport, please call +91 422 257 44002 / +91 422 257 3569
Customs: +91 422 222 3130
Immigration: +91 422 252 6066
See the airport in Google Maps
Address: Avinashi Road, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641014, India
Telephone: +91 422 257 44002 / +91 422 257 3569
Airport operator (Airports Authority of India): +91 422 259 2155